I know very well that it is not as easy and convenient for everyone to ride public transportation as it is for me:
- I can walk less than a quarter mile to the end of my street and get on a bus.
- My city is one of very view in our area that has east-west and north-south bus service.
- Almost every block in my city has a clean and safe sidewalk.
I also know that many people who could use public transportation, don’t.
This is why I ride the bus whenever I can:
- It saves money.
- It gives me a chance to walk and be outside.
- It’s good for the air.
- It’s good for the roads.
- It’s good to share.
- It’s good to be with different kinds of people.
- No parking!
- It allows my wife and me to share one car.
- I can relax.
- I can read a book, listen to music or watch a movie.
- I can relate to people who have no other choice.
- It supports options for people who need them.